Crystal Effects Prized Peony
I always remember to bring out my Crystal Effects when making holiday cards but somehow it gets moved to the back of the draw for the rest of the year. The picture doesn’t seem to do justice to the peony but covering it with a layer of Crystal Effects really makes the flower POP!!
Blushing Bride Card Base
4x5 ¼ Basic Gray
¼” Shimmer Gray Granite Ribbon
Best Plaid Builder Die in Whisper White
Prized Peony Bundle
Stampin’ Blends Light and Dark:
Granny Apple Green
Basic Gray Ink Pad
Everyday Label Punch
Timeless Label Punch
Shimmery Crystal Effects
1) Stamp sentiment with basic gray ink on whisper white and punch with Everyday Label.
2) Punch on scrap of blushing bride with timeless label and cut label in half.
3) Adhere blushing bride halves to the back of sentiment label so that each half is sticking beyond the sides of the label.
4) Add dimensionals to the back and set aside until ready to adhere to card
1) Cut base 5 ½” x 8 ½” scoring long side at 4 ¼” fold at score line and burnish with bone folder
2) Die cut thin Plaid Die on Whisper White and attach to Basic Gray. This layer can then be added to your card base
3) Stamp large peony on whisper white with basic gray ink.
4) Color with blends
5) Die cut colored peony
6) Attach to card base with dimensionals
7) Attach sentiment
8) Attach bow
9) Apply Shimmery Crystal effects to peonies. You can use a small paint brush to spread the crystal effects evenly but be sure to use a brush that you don’t care if you can’t get it clean when done.
Post a Comment